Mac’s garage was originally founded as a service station in 1932 by Mac McBurney. Mac built the business in Kirkland on what is now the property of the Shinstrom and Norman Insurance Agency located at 525 Kirkland Way. MAC is named after its founder who started the towing business with a winch attached to the rear of a Buick truck. In 1940, MAC’s first garage was built and in a few years began to expand. In 1941, they purchased a Ford wrecker and began their real devotion to the towing industry.
In 1968, Paul Shannon purchased the company and changed the name to simply “MAC Towing”. With intentions of expanding the service area and becoming a major provider of towing, he bought “Rudy Towing” In 1985 and the company began to grow in to in the Bothell and Woodinville area, Soon after, “Redmond Towing” was purchased, which quickly expanded MAC Towing into the Redmond area, becoming one of the largest towing providers on the eastside.